Coastal Tax and Accounting Services is a young but quickly growing boutique accounting services company. We offer cloud-based bookkeeping that is entirely paperless and online as well as payroll, tax preparation, and other accounting services. We are looking for a fantastic person to join the team as a Bookkeeper 3-4 days per week, with the expectation of becoming full-time within less than 1 year.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An Accounting Diploma or Bookkeeping Certificate
- 2-3 years of QuickBooks Online or full-cycle bookkeeping experience, including payroll
- Excellent communication skills in emails and on the phone
- Moderate technology skills – comfortable with apps, online software, and video conferencing
We are not a traditional accounting firm! This is a fun environment where you will be working one-on-one with the owner of the company who is passionate about helping business owners bring their accounting into the amazing new world of business apps. We absolutely love accounting and find joy and a sense of satisfaction from simplifying and de-mystifying accounting processes and information.
The clients we help are passionate small business owners who are wonderful to work with. We believe that making money should not come at the expense of mental health and have stood by this policy by turning down work from potential clients with a negative attitude. The person selected for the Bookkeeper position will add to the positive energy of the office by exuding a positive attitude and determination in their work.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Post vendor bills and expense receipts from electronic records
- Review banking feed and match documents to transactions
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- File GST/PST/WCB Remittances
- Prepare Payroll, ROEs, and CRA Source Deductions Remittances
- Communicate with clients about missing info and provide reports
*For Bonus Points* Someone with the following qualities will really knock our socks off!
- Experience in Personal and/or Corporate Tax Preparation (wage negotiable)
- Leadership Skills
- Sales Ability
Please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com with an email or cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.